This is a great meal to take to someone! Lots of our friends are having babies, and they seem to enjoy having a break from the casseroles. I found the recipe from sixsisters’stuff.
You will need:
- 2 pounds of chicken breast (sliced into strips)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can of green chilies- lots of times I forget to get these and it’s still great
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms- lots of time I don’t add these
- You will mix the following together to pour of the fajitas before you bake them- you can also use a taco seasoning packet instead. I never measure these things out, but this is what sisters stuff has as their measurements
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
It’s also nice to have flour tortillas, cheese, salsa, beans, and/or rice with the dish.
Bake in a greased 13×9 baking dish at 400 uncovered. Mix all of the chicken and vegetables together then pour the vegetable oil/spices over everything. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.